COVID-19 : What to expect during your visit
Our doctors and staff are committed to providing care in the safest manner possible.
Dr. Rebman, Dr. Zechman, and most of our staff in direct patient care have received the Moderna vaccine.
- Before your appointment, staff will screen for COVID-19, update your personal information, and start gathering information to help our doctors with your visit. As we strive to maintain social distancing, we are scheduling longer appointment times.
- We ask that you not bring guests along with you to your appointment. One responsible adult will be permitted to accompany minors or accompany those patients who require assistance. All others will be asked to wait in their cars.
- A mask is REQUIRED to enter our office (disposable masks are available).
- We will check your temperature before you enter the office. Anyone with a fever will be rescheduled.
- Opticians will assist with frame selection. All frames are sanitized using a UV disinfection chamber after they are handled.
In an effort to provide the best possible experience, we have streamlined our check-in process to help reduce your wait time while in the office. By completing all patient forms in advance online, you will reduce your total time spent in our office by 15-20 minutes.
We look forward to seeing you at your upcoming appointment.
In good health,
The Rebman Eyecare Team